If you are a pediatrician and or someone with any type of management responsibilities for a pediatric practice, you need to join SOAPM. SOAPM is the AAP’s section on Administration and Practice Management and it’s designed to recognize best practices, offer educational opportunities and give you access to open forums among many other great benefits.
I know what you are thinking… what’s in it for me?
Glad you asked… Here are 20 reasons you should join SOAPM.
- You’ll get access to Practice Management Online which is filled with resources, articles, guidelines, protocols and a bunch of other great things.
- You’ll have an army of pediatricians that are ready to support you if you need it.
- You’ll have access to influencers in the academy.
- You’ll have access to top “pediatric” practice management consultants.
- You’ll be the most up-to-date physician/manager in your practice as it relates to pediatric specific clinical, administrative and legislative issues, just to name a few.
- You’ll be able to keep your practice staff informed and up to date on changing pediatric issues.
- You’ll have the tools to run a smooth, efficient operation.
- People will think you are a genius.
- You’ll have access to the LISTSERV which is a very active email list designed to share important practice management and administrative ideas, feedback, and advice.
- Joining and participating can be therapeutic.
- You’ll be part of a growing engaged and lively community.
- You’ll get your questions answered by a group of smart, smart physicians (and managers like me).
- You’ll be able to crowd-source.
- You’ll increase your network.
- You’ll have an open forum to learn, discuss and disseminate effective practice management strategies.
- Joining makes the community stronger.
- You’ll get a variety of opinions and advice (more than you probably can bargain for) on important subjects, concerns or issues facing your own practice.
- You’ll be able to make better, well-informed decisions (thanks to the collective knowledge), thus making you a better manager.
- It will be the best $30 you’ll ever spend. It is only 30 bucks to join.
- Oh, and if you don’t join, kittens will die.
I’ve always been a little disappointed with the little amount of pediatric practice management resources out on the web. But SOAPM actually makes up for the shortfall of pediatric management information.
For the record, I don’t have any personal ties with the APP or SOAPM. I didn’t get any compensation for this post. I’m sharing it with you because I believe it is a great resource. And the more people are a part of it, the better we’ll all be. There is power in numbers.
Click on the link below for the official site.